This past month has been wild, challenging, and incredible. I am still unpacking it in my head. In the meantime, here are 11 lessons I have (re-)learned.
- The more you try, the more you do. Seriously. You will not believe what you are capable of when simply start something. Trust me.
- It is very easy to lose focus on what’s important.
- You are bound to let someone down. This isn’t a “you can’t please everyone all the time” statement. You will screw up from time to time. Just make sure you clean up the mess yourself.
- If you want something, you need to ask. Beating around the bush will not work. Be confident and direct. Then, be gracious with what you recieve.
- The thing you are working for right now seems like the BIG WIN. It is actually the start of a new challenge.
- There is a great lesson in every uncomfortable and painful experience.
- You will always see what you are looking for in others. Don’t let your own negativity blur your vision.
- Relationships are the most powerful part of your life. Put more energy in them then you put into anything else.
- Most people really love to help other people.
- You can’t pay back the people that help you. Instead, pay them tribute by helping someone else.
- Grace is powerful. Give it to yourself and to others.
That’s it. Let me know which ones you would like me to expand on.