The best way to accomplish anything is start with the end and work backwards. It’s called reverse engineering.
- Close your eyes. Imagine where you want when your goal is accomplished as if it is real today.
- Write out your goal like this: Goal by date.
- Get out your calendar.
- Write your goal down on the date it will be accomplished.
- Back up to the date halfway between today and the goal date. Write down where you need to be at that time.
- Do the same for the three quarter point and the one quarter point.
- Fill in all of the gaps until you have a daily plan for the first 1/4 of your goal.
- Wake up do what you planned.
- When you get 1/4 of the way there, plan the next 1/4.
- Repeat until you have accomplished your goal.
Also published on Medium.