I am really enjoying the Readwise app for syncing and organizing highlights. It’s an incredible way to remember and find information from books I’ve read.
I plan on writing a full review, but here are the basics.
- Sync Kindle, Apple Books, Instapaper, Feedly, Twitter, Medium, Pocket, etc. (There’s a bunch 👍🏼.)
- Get an email every day with random highlights in the “Daily Review.” There are ways to configure how many highlights and the mixture of recent and older highlights.
- Search all of your highlights in one place through the web or the mobile app.
- Tag highlights for organization.
Here is how I am using it.
- The “Daily Review” is a nice spark if I am in a creative rut. I like to add notes to quotes when they show up in a daily review.
- It replaces (kind of) social media scrolling. I open Readwise and scroll through quotes instead of random posts from the internet.
- I search for quotes…no need to remember what book it came from.
- I have purchased eBook versions of heavily highlighted books. I go duplicate all the highlights in the digital version. It’s been a great review.
- I make highlights in Feedly Pro and Instapaper. I read many great articles, so it’s nice to be able to remember things I like. Pro-tip, I send all of my email newsletters to Feedly, to keep them out of my inbox. It’s great to be able to highlight ideas I want to revisit later.