Here is a great article on learning how to build wealth over time. I love how Nathan Barry breaks down the path between employee to marketplace. The reality is, making money is a skill that can be learned like any other skill, and it takes more time for some than others.
I especially resonated with the parts on:
- Turning hourly freelance work into recurring packaged priced work.
- Increased earnings don’t often translate into increased wealth.
- Moving to a business that affords a higher degree of wealth building often means a temporary decrease of income.
- It takes longer than you think it will. (I am experiencing this personally.)
- The questions towards the end about where in the process you are.